Monday, March 24, 2008

Thing 20. Libraries and Social Networks

I do not completely understand why Facebook is so popular. I agree that that it is fun to see what your friends are doing and that it is a great way to share photos, send out event information etc. I especially like the event notification because I end up being notified of events that I otherwise might not know about. I think that this feature would be a great tool for library events. However, I just don’t get spending so much time on it. It seems like time might be better spent actually talking to or doing something with friends. I have had a Facebook account for awhile and I look at it every now and then but not everyday. Maybe part of it is that the friends that I would enjoy communicating in this manner with do not have a Facebook profile yet. We’ll see what happens as more and more people join.

No comments: