Monday, March 17, 2008

Thing 13. Online Productivity Tools

Start Page
I chose to use My Yahoo as my start page. I chose My Yahoo because I use Yahoo for my personal email. It was fun personalizing the page but I am not sure if I will like using it as my start page. I will give it a go for awhile and see what happens from there.

Calendars
I looked a little at Yahoo calendars. They seem to be very similar to Google Calendars which our library currently uses for room scheduling. These calendars would also be very good for staff scheduling which our library does some of on Google Calendars as well. However, I do not think that I will use these for personal things. I seem to remember things a lot better when I physically write them down on a piece of paper. So I think that I will stick to my paper copy.

To-do lists
The to-do list sites, for me, would be helpful for things that I would be doing around the computer. Like things that I need to get done at work or maybe things that need to be done around the house before company visits. For things that I need to get at the store I think it would be easier for me to just write it down on a piece of paper.

No comments: